Malai KoftaApril 20, 2012
Yoghurt MuffinsApril 21, 2012
- 1-3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 c sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 c finely chopped dried apricots (about 15)
- 2/3 c orange juice
- 1/3 c (5-1/3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel (optional)
- Orange Glaze
- 1/2 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom only of 8 x 4-inch metal loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add apricots and 3 tablespoons of the almonds; mix well. Set aside. In medium bowl, beat orange juice, egg, melted butter, extracts and, if desired, orange peel with whisk or fork until well blended.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely. For glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar and orange juice in small bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over bread.
- Let stand until glaze has set.
- Store tightly wrapped at room temperature up to 2 days.