MuffinsMay 12, 2012
Homemade Kfc MayonniseMay 12, 2012
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix (or your own from scratch)
- 1/4 c. kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 16 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- Maraschino cherries, drained, optional, for garnish
- milk chocolate curls or shavings, for garnish
- Drain cherry pie filling in a colander to remove most of the thickened juices.
- Make cake, following package directions. Bake cake, as directed, in two 9-inch layer cake pans.
- When cool, sprinkle kirsch over both cake layers.
- Chill electric beaters and large mixing bowl; beat cream until it thickens slightly, gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat until thick enough to hold its shape.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave chocolate; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assemble cake; place one layer on serving plate and spread its top with 1/2-inch thick layer of whipped cream and strew the cherries over the cream leaving about 1/2 inch margin around border of cake with no cherries.
- Set other layer on top of cherries and spread top and sides of cake with remaining cream, shape whipped cream into decorative swirls on top.
- With fingers, gently press chocolate curls into cream on sides of cake.
- Garnish top with drained maraschino cherries, if desired, or with a few remaining chocolate curls.