Spiced TeaApril 19, 2012
Vanilla CupcakeApril 19, 2012
- 1 pound chicken breast, boned and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 pound mushroom, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small cabbage head, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 ounces Chinese noodles
- Place chicken, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a bowl; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil with salt in wok or heavy skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until white and firm.
- Add onion and mushrooms and stir-fry until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok. Stir in cabbage and sugar. Stir-fry 3 or 4 minutes until cabbage is crisp tender.
- Return chicken-vegetable mixture to wok. Add cashews and toss to combine. Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch to 1/4 cup soy sauce. Stir into chicken-cashew mixture.
- Cover and steam 1 minute. Uncover and stir until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with Chinese fried noodles before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.