Potato SaladApril 23, 2012
Gulab JamunApril 25, 2012
- 8 oz. steamed chow mein (Chinese noodles)
- 2 oz. pork (cut into thin slices)
- 5 shrimp (shelled and devided)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 stalks scallions (cut into 2-inch length)
- Salt to taste
- Soak the steamed chow mein in cold water for about 5 minutes. Rinse a few times until the water turns clear and the chow mein is soft.
- Drain the excess water and set aside. (Don’t over soak the chow mein or the noodles will get limpy and soggy.)
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat up the wok with the cooking oil. Add in the chopped garlic and stir-fry until light brown or aromatic.
- Add the pork and shrimp and stir fry until they are half done. Add the shredded cabbage and carrot into the wok and do a few quick stirs.
- Add the noodles , the seasoning mixture and the water. Continue to stir until the noodles are well blended with the seasonings and completely cooked through.
- Add the chopped scallions, do a few final stirs, dish out and and serve hot.