Chicken ChettinadFebruary 18, 2012
Chicken TikkaFebruary 18, 2012
1/2 cup ghee / oil
8 large eggs (hard boiled)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
2 flakes garlic (curshed)
2 bay leaves
1-inch cinnamon stick
1 brown Cardamom (badi elaichi)
4 green cardamom pods (chhoti elaichi)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder or to taste
2 cups Basmati (long grain) Rice
21/2 cups warm water
Salt To Taste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
3-4 tomatoes (thickly sliced) to garnish
- Heat the oil / ghee in a deep sauce pan and fry onions and garlic together with the bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamoms, until golden.
- Carefully prick the eggs with a fork and add to the pan.
- Stir in turmeric, chili powder and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add pre-soaked rice and stir slowly and carefully for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water and salt to taste, and cook over a modeate heat until the rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder over it.
- Garnish egg biryani with chopped coriander and tomato slices, serve hot.