TiramisuApril 23, 2012
Salad SandwichApril 23, 2012
- 10 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (preferably panko)
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add water and mix until a smooth batter has formed. Dip mushrooms into the batter and coat evenly. Allow excess batter to drip off.
- Roll the mushrooms in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly. Repeat until all mushrooms are coated.
- Heat deep fryer to 365 degrees. Deep fry mushrooms in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.