Spiced Tindora/Kovakkai or Ivy GourdMay 30, 2012
Egg RollMay 30, 2012
- 1 – 2 green onions, as desired
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or oyster sauce, as desired
- Wash and finely chop the green onion. Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Cook, stirring, until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Remove the eggs and clean out the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the rice. Stir-fry for a few minutes, using chopsticks or a wooden spoon to break it apart. Stir in the soy sauce or oyster as de sauce sired.
- When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the green onion. Serve hot.