Veg BiriyaniMay 31, 2012
Red Velvet CakeMay 31, 2012
This is one of the easiest and quick recipes and one of the ideal recipes for working women I feel.No special ingredients required and can be easily found in almost all Indian kitchens and easily available in any grocery store as well.If you can not make the saagu or gravy, dont worry have with left over curry or any gravy or Pickle Lol!!!!……This is recipe is good for parties as well but cook fresh saagu ;). Give it a try and let me know how you like it…
- 2 cups Cooked white rice
- 3 tsp Ghee/clarified Butter
- 1/2 tsp Oil.
- 3-4 Cardamum
- 1 samll Cinnamon stick
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 chopped green Chillies
- 1/2 bowl chopped green Beans or green Peas ( Optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Heat the Oil and Ghee/ clarified Butter in a thick bottom pan at low heat.Add the Cardamum, Cinnamon stick,Cloves and Bay leaf, saute for 30 sec.
- Then add Ginger-garlic paste, green Chillies and Beans/Peas, saute untill Beans or Peas becomes soft.
- Add cooked Rice, salt to taste and Lemon juice then mix well.
- Serve hot with Koorma or Saagu of your choice.
Note:Heat the Oil before adding the Ghee so that Ghee doesnt burn.You can add Cashew nuts while frying if you want.