Chicken 65July 20, 2012
Vegetable UppamaJuly 23, 2012
- CHICKEN1/2 kg
- RICE1/2 kg
- CORIANDER1/2 bunch
- MINT1/2 bunch
- YOGURT250 gm
- GREEN CHILIES250 gm
- CLARIFIED BUTTER1 cup
- PEAS1 cup
- PLUMS100 gm
- HOT SPICESas required
- MACE & NETMEG POWDER1 tsp
- CARDAMON POWDER1/2 tsp
- GINGER GARLIC PASTE2 tbsp
- In a pan, heat 1/2cup clarified butter and fry onions till they turn golden brown, and take out half onions out of the pan.
- In remaining onions, add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste,1/2 kg chicken and hot spices as required.
- Soak rice for half an hour. Chop 1/2 bunch of coriander, 1/2 bunches of mint and 250 grams green chilies in a chopper.
- When chicken color turns white, add all the chopped mixture in it and also include 1 cup peas.
- Boil rice in a different pan. When chicken is properly cooked, turn off the stove.
- When rice are almost ready for biryani, in chicken gravy,
- add a layer of yogurt, 1 tsp mace and nutmeg powder, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, rest of the golden brown onions, 100 grams plums and 2 tbsp kewra.
- Put layer of rice over it. Pour rest of the clarified butter on rice and flatten it and allow simmering for 10 to 12 minutes. Delicious Green Chicken Biryani is ready.