Chinese Fried RiceApril 25, 2012
Pasta SaladApril 28, 2012
Gulab Jamun is one of the popular dessert in the Asia specially in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and other South Asian regions, the word gulab comes from Persian language which means “Rose”, and Jamun which is also known as Jambul which is a fruit. It is eatable in any temperature.
The ingredients of gulab jamun are :
- Plain flour (maida) 1 tbsp
- Khoya 250 gm
- Half egg
- Sugar 2 cups
- Kewra as required
- Oil for frying
- Semolina (suji) 1 tbsp
- Baking powder1/2 tbsp
- Butter as required
- Water 2 to 3 sups
- Cook water with sugar in a saucepan until it becomes a thick mixture, i.e ( sheera).
- In another bowl beat the half egg and add semolina and khoya to it.
- Mix it well with hands.
- Knead the mixture with clarified butter and baking powder.
- Make small balls round in shape.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Fry the balls till golden in color.
- Fry on low flame but initially the oil should be hot enough.
- Dip the gulab jamuns (balls) in sugar syrup.
- After that you may also dip or sprinkle it in desiccate coconut.
- Add a very little amount of khewra in the sugar syrup for an attractive smell.
- And serve hot or chilled and enjoy.