Chow MeinApril 23, 2012
KheerApril 25, 2012
- 1 cup milk powder (any good milk of any brand)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp room softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup room temperature milk
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cloves of whole cardamom
- rosewater (optional)
- safron (optional)
- thickened cream 1 tbsp
- Mix the water and sugar in a deep pan and boil till all the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the flame and add the cardamom powder and rose water. Mix well and keep aside.
- Mix the powdered milk, all purpose flour and baking powder well. Add a little of the thickened cream at a time to them and knead to make a dough that is soft but not sticky.
- after that add all other things in it.Divide the dough into walnut sized balls and roll between slightly greased palms till smooth.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a wide pan on a low to medium flame.
- Fry the dumplings, stirring often to brown on all sides. Do not cook on very high heat as the dumplings will burn on the outside and remain raw inside!
- When cooked, drain (with a slotted spoon), remove the dumplings from the oil and transfer immediately into the sugar syrup.
- Repeat this till all the dumplings are cooked and added to the syrup.
- Allow the dumplings to soak in the syrup for 2 hours.