Egg NogMay 5, 2012
Goal Gappay (Pani Puri)May 12, 2012
- 15 choclate chip cookies cream filled
- 3 tbsp butter or margerine
- 2 favorite candy bars
- 2 quart favorite ice cream
- frozen whipped toping, thawed
- On a cutting board, finely chop cookies, 2-3 at a time. Place butter in small microwave-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Mix in cookie crumbs. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of a springform pan. Freeze 15 minutes
- Cut candy bar into 4-5 pieces; wrap in plastic wrap and freeze 10 minutes. Chop into small pieces.
- Cut ice cream container apart to expose block of ice cream. Cut half of ice cream into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange ice cream slices over cookie crust, cutting pieces to fit. Spread into a smooth layer. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar.
- Top with remaining ice cream prepared the same way as first layer. Smooth top with spreader. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- Attach open star tip to a decorator. Fill tube with whipped topping and set aside. Run knife around edge of ice cream cake.
- Release collar from pan. Lightly frost top and side of ice cream cake with remaining whipped topping.
- Decorate with whipped topping using decorator. Top with sprinkles. Freeze 1 hour or overnight. Once whipped topping is frozen lightly cover cake with plastic wrap.
- To serve, cut into wedges. (If cake was frozen overnight, place in refrigerator 10 minutes before slicing.)
Yield: 12 servings