Gulab JamunApril 25, 2012
FaloodaApril 26, 2012
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 quarter whole milk
- 1-2 cup water (the exact amount depends on how thick you like the kheer) diluted in the milk.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp raisins (I think I used about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp cashew nut pieces, almonds, and pistachios (I used about 2 T of sliced almonds)
- 1/4 tsp finely powdered elaichi (cardamom) seeds.
- Boil the rice in the milk in a medium saucepan,on a medium fire. Stir constantly until the rice is cooked. (If you stop stirring when the milk is hot, it could burn on the bottom.)
- Once the liquid starts getting warmer, add the sugar, raisins, and nuts. Keep stirring, making sure the sugar dissolves.
- Keep stirring; the mixture will thicken. At the very end, add the cardamom powder.
- Serve hot or let it cool before serving.
- Refrigerate left overs.