Pineapple DelightApril 23, 2012
Handi GhoshtApril 23, 2012
- 4 cups milk
- 8 tsp. sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground green cardamom seeds (chotti elaichi)
- 1tbsp. skinned pista (pistachios), thinly sliced
- 1tbsp. skinned badam (almonds), finely ground (optional)
- Put the milk into a wide, heavy pan and bring to boil over high heat, stiring constantly.
- Now lower the heat and cook the milk, stirring constantly, until it has thickened and reduced to about 13/4th cups. (This will take about 40-45 minutes). Stir the sides of the pan constantly to avoid scalding.
- Now add the sugar, nuts and cardamom seeds, stir well, allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture into Kulfi molds or small ramekins, distributing evenly. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and freeze until set, about 6 hours.
- To serve, remove the ice-cream from the molds by running a sharp knife around the edges of the pista kulfi. Slip each kulfi on to a dessert plate, cut across into 3-4 slices, and serve.