Cream Cheese CakeMay 13, 2012
Chicken RollMay 13, 2012
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; add oil, 7 egg yolks, cold water, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the 7 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour egg yolk mixture over the entire surface of egg whites, gently folding in to blend.
- Remove 1/3 of the batter to another bowl. Blend boiling water, sugar and chocolate; fold into the smaller portion of batter.
- Spoon half of the light batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan; top with half of the chocolate batter.
- Repeat layers. With a butter knife or narrow spatula, swirl marble cake batters gently to marbleize.
- Bake at 325° for 65 minutes. Invert and cool. Frost marble cake with Chocolate butter frosting or other frosting.