Chicken Pot PieApril 23, 2012
Tea CakeApril 23, 2012
- Gramflour – 1 1/4 cup
- Plain flour (maida) – 1 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 250 gms.
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom seeds crushed coarsely – 1/2 tsp.
- Charmagaz – 2 tsp.
- 4″ squares cut from a thin polythene sheet
- Sift both flours together and keep aside
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan and roast the above flour mixture over low flame till light golden. “
- Allow it cool slightly stirring occasionally.
- Prepare syrup by dissolving sugar in water and boil till it reaches to 2 1/2 thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture and beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- Pour onto a greased surface or thali and roll to 1″ thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the char magaz seeds and elaichi and gently press down with palm.
- Cool, cut into 1″ squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
- Store in airtight container.