Pork Ularthiyathu (Pork Dry Fry Kerala style)April 18, 2012
Kanava Thoran (Stir fried Squid with Coconut)March 1, 2014
I do not have to write much about Pickle. I learnt this recipe from my mom. Give it a try. Have fun.
- 10 Lemon cut into small pieces( used green ones)
- 1 cup table Salt
- 2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Methi seeds / fenugreek seeds
- 3/4 cup Red Chili powder ( I used 1/4 cup extra hot and 1/2 cup regular)
- 2-3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- Mix cut Lemon and salt in a bowl. Then transfer into a well dried, air tight jar and keep aside for 3-4 days. Tilt the jar every day for proper mixing. After 3-4 days you can see colour change in the cut Lemon.
- Dry roast Mustard seeds and Fenugreek seeds separately until you hear crackling sound.
- Then make fine powder of dry roasted spices togather.
- After 4 days, transfer the salted Lemon in to a clean, well dried bowl, add red Chili powder, Mustard- Methi powder. Mix well.
- Temper with Mustard seeds and Hing. ( Heat oil in a pan, Add Mustard seeds, when you see the seeds crackling, add hing and pour on top of the pickle). Mix well.
- Again transfer the Pickle to the same jar used before and keep aside for one more day.