JalebiMay 30, 2012
Fried RiceMay 30, 2012
Preparation time: 30 min
- 1/2 kg Thondekayi / Tinodora chopped lenghtwise
- Pinch of Hing/asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- few Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp whole Coriander
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 4-5 whole Red Chilies ( to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- Heat the Oil in a pan. Add the Mustard seeds, once you hear the spluttering sound ass curry leaves, Turmeric and Hing. Saute for 20 sec.
- Then add the chopped Tindora. Saute for 5 min. Do not add water.
- In the mean while roast whole Coriander, Cumin and Red Chilies in 1/4 tsp Oil.
- Now grind the roasted spices with grated Coconut and Tamarind Juice and little water into smooth paste.
- Add the ground mixture to Tindora containing pan. Add salt to taste and about half cup of water. Cover and cook for about 5-6 min.
- Then take off the lid and cook until tindora pieces get dry as you see in the pic.
- Serve with Chapati or plain rice and Dal or Rasam.