NAAN BREAD RECIPEApril 18, 2012
Pork Ularthiyathu (Pork Dry Fry Kerala style)April 18, 2012
Tandoori roti is a very very popular bread which is made from wholewheat flour and made in a clay oven or tandoor. Learn how to make tandoori roti.
250 gms Wholewheat flour/ atta
1/2 tsp baking pwd
1 tblsp dahi / curd
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
- Mix atta, baking powder and salt. To this add curd and mix it till the curd gets completely mixed. Then add little water and knead it in a soft dough. Ensure that you do not use too much water then it will be difficult to make rotis. And if the dough is too hard then the rotis will not turn out soft.
- Cover the dough with a wet cotton cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
- Pre heat the tandoor or oven for 2 mins.
- Now make a small round ball from the dough and roll it in a round flat bread by dusting some flour to form a thick roti.
- Now bake the roti for 4-5 minutes in the clay tandoor or in case of an oven, at the temperatue of 200 degree celsius.
- Once some black spots appear on top of the roti, remove from the tandoor, smear some ghee or butter and serve hot with choice of dal or curry dish.
- Make rest of the rotis in the similar fashion.