Hyundai revealed the new look of the Elantra back in August 2015 and the company revealed the car at the LA Show. Sadly, we didn’t see the car at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo, but we knew that it was coming to India for sure. Well, come September, the car will be launched on Indian soil and we can’t wait to see it here and of course drive it.
New-Gen Hyundai Elantra: 10 Things You Need To Know
We have already driven the US-spec variant of the Elantra and have given you our impressions, so we know what’s coming our way. Here’s all you need to know about the new-gen Elantra
1. The Korean car manufacturer is following the ‘European’ design language of the exterior with a minimalistic design on the inside. It isn’t using the fluidic design philosophy on this.
2. The Hyundai Elantra first came to India in its third generation avatar. This is the sixth generation making it to India
3. The new generation model is made of 53 per cent Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS), which has helped build a higher structural rigidity on the model.
4. Dimensionally the car is 20mm longer and 25mm wider than the existing model, measuring 4610mm in length, 1800mm in width, and 1450mm in height with a wheelbase of 2700mm.
5. The car now flaunts a large bolder hexagonal front grille with boomerang-shaped air intakes on the bumper and LED fog lamps. The swept back headlamps give it a unique design.
6. The side profile looks a bit similar to the existing model, but looks much more stylish thanks to the much prominent character lines, new sporty alloys, and sharp ORVMs integrated turn lights.
7. The rear also sees considerable changes like the new boot lid and the very noticeable wraparound LED tail lamps
8. In terms of powertrain options the Elantra is likely to get the same 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines. Hyundai might also bring the new 2.0 litre petrol engine to India and existing 1.6 litre diesel motor is likely to be revised as well.
9. The top spec model will likely get a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation and all the connectivity and entertainment features like Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, Music player, AUX-IN and Bluetooth connectivity among others.
10. The new-gen Elantra will be priced between 15 lakh to 18 lakh and will go up against the likes of the Volkswagen Jetta and Skoda Octavia.