Add some flair to your email signature on iPhone with rich text.
Sometimes plain-text in an email won’t do. In those cases, you might want to add a little bit more expression using rich text. With this form of text, you can use bold, italics, and underlines in your email body or just the signature. Here’s how to do it.
How to create rich HTML signatures on your iPhone and iPad
Although Mail on iOS can display rich HTML email messages, you can’t do much more than add bold, italics, and underlines to message text.
There is, however, a way to enhance your signature with rich HTML formatting. You can use any app that can create rich HTML text, but probably the easiest way to do this is to use the rich text signature from the email app on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Send yourself an email that includes your rich HTML signature.
- On your iOS device, tap Mail.
- Open the inbox you sent the message to.
- Tap the email message to open it.
- Select the signature and tap Copy.
- Switch to your home screen and tap Settings.
- Tap Mail.
- Tap Signature.
- Tap and hold the existing signature for your email account and then tap Select All.
- Tap Paste. When you paste your signature.
Your new signature is included in any email messages from that email account. As a bonus, if your signature consists of an email address or phone number, you’ll be able to send an email to that address or dial that number by merely tapping it.