Why should you Register as a Seller on Amazon?
Amazon is one of the fastest growing e-Commerce websites in the world and the biggest retailer in the United States of America. Based on the concept of “pay as you grow” this e-commerce sector launched in 2013, became the highest growing business in India.
Being an Amazon seller helps you reduce your cost and improve the profitability of your business. There are a few things to remember before you register as given below;
- Decide what you want to sell – Even though selling your products looks simple, it is not. You must have a clear-cut idea of what you actually want to sell as there is a wide range of product categories open to all the sellers.
- Choose a selling plan – There are different types of plan to choose from, decide a proper plan accordingly and start selling.
- List your products – Once you’re registered then all you have to do is list your products and start selling.
What are documents needed for seller registration? How to ship products to customers? How do we get payment? All of these questions are answered in this Malayalam video
How to Register as a Seller on Amazon?
You can easily become a registered Amazon seller by following the given steps:
Step 1: Based on the concept of “Badalti soch”, Amazon now helps its seller to reach out to crores of customer in India without having to move to new cities to investing crores of money to open new stores. Go to the home page https://services.amazon.in/landing/sellerbration.html , once when you’re sure about what you actually want to sell to register yourself.
Step 2: Fill out the details and create your Amazon seller central account providing basic information about the business entity, address, telephone number and bank account details.
What are the documents required to register?
In addition to the basic details and documents provided, the seller also has to furnish several other details depending upon the type of business he opts;
Documents Required in case of Individual or a Proprietor
In case the seller wants to sells the products in his own name, the business will automatically be declared to be a sole proprietorship business. However, there are certain advantages and disadvantages in case of a sole proprietor as the liability is unlimited and the promoter gets no protection against the same. Upon that it is not easily transferrable and cannot have investors and partners. The sole proprietor needs to submit the following documents;
- Passport of the proprietor
- GST registration number
- PAN Card copy
- Voter’s ID/ Driving License
- A declaration by the proprietor declaring that the business account is operated by himself.
- License or lease agreement
- Bank Account Statement
- Telephone bill/ Electricity bill pertaining to the proprietor
How it Actually Works?
The working mechanism is fairly simple and interesting.
Step 1: Set up your store on Amazon-
- The very first step is to register yourself as discussed above.
- Secondly list your products in one of the various categories available to you.
- The amazon professional service providers are always to help you and create a high quality catalogue.
- The seller also has an option to make his products stand out by advertising those using Amazon Sponsored Products.
Step 2: Receive orders from customer-
- Once your product is listed it will be visible to all the customers who access the website or when the store goes live.
- The customer can then place the order and once the order is placed the seller can view and manage the same using Order Management Dashboard in their account.
Step 3: Amazon delivers your order –
- Once the customer places the order, Amazon picks the products from the seller and delivers it straight to the customer.
- The seller gets access to Amazon easy ship where he can track his order by sitting back and relaxing.
Step 4: Receive Payment from Amazon –
- Amazon ensure safe and timely payments. The amount gets deposited in to the sellers account within 7 days. According to the amazon policy the fees get deducted only after actual sale is made.
Step 5: Grow your business –
- Amazon helps in growing your business by providing various suggestions and customized tips in order to boost your performance and earn higher profits.
- The seller can track his performance through personalized performance dashboards and customized reports.
- The seller has 24/7 access to helpline numbers in order to solve all the queries.
Step 6: Expand Globally –
- Amazon also helps to grow globally and access to international markets.
Sell your Products Online
The seller has the access to sell his products either;
- Across India –The seller can reach out to crores of customers in India and sell their products.
- Globally- The seller also has the access to sell his products across the globe and attract customers across the world.
- Locally in your city- In case the seller doesn’t have GST registration the seller can still sell his products across the city.
What are the Benefits of being an Amazon Seller?
Selling on Amazon helps you grow your business and earn higher profits. There are a number of benefits availed by the seller explained as follows:
- Crores of customers across the world – Gone are those days when you had to invest a lot to sell your products, after being an Amazon seller you can sell your products across the world to crores of customers.
- Fast and Stress-free shipping – The seller just has to sit back and relax as the Amazon take cares of the shipping making it effortless, so that you focus on your business.
- Hassle-free payments – The payment system is quite secure and timely.
- Pay when you sell – There are no fixed costs for anything, you can pay when you sell as the pricing is fairly effective.
- Professional services – Last but not the least, there are professional experts who help you whenever you sell your product.